Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine's Table Runner

This weekend I decided I would finish the Valentine's Table Runner. I finished the applique at Groovy Girls on Friday night and loaded it on the frame on Saturday night. I had picked out the thread and knew how I wanted to quilt it. Sunday I quilted it with hearts and loops. It looks really good and I'm happy with how it turned out. It took me a couple hours to quilt. I had a bit of difficulty with skipped stitches, but with some sewers aid, the problem was solved easily.
IMG_0083
I was able to put the binding on quickly too, since the stripe was printed diagonally and I didn't have to do bias binding.
IMG_0089
The thread is a red/pink King Tut with blush Bottomline on the back. It turned out great with the thread matching nicely.
IMG_0091
I really enjoyed doing the loops and the hearts.
IMG_0093
I've almost got the hand stitching done on the binding. It was so relaxing and enjoyable to work on this one. It took me exactly a year to finish, but it was such a great project. Thanks to Jen for giving me something to do all year while I did a lot of waiting.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh it turned out lovely, great job.