Monday, December 29, 2008

Weekend Projects

This weekend I knew I needed to get busy and finish a few projects. Friday night I dedicated to getting my binding demo done. I quilted up 4 fat quarters to use as samples and then did the binding in stages. On Sat. I decided to work on this wall hanging. I've had this pattern for sometime and specifically had intended to make it for my dad, but it was more challenging that Chris' other patterns, so I kept putting it off. I finally got the applique done on Christmas Eve day and then on Sat. night I put the borders on and quilted it on my frame. It was a bit of a challenge, but I'm okay with how it turned out. I'm thinking now that I look at it that I should go back and quilt the sky where the corn stalks are. I have the binding glued on and I'm going to finish the binding at lunch. I used a light blue bottomline thread on the top and it turned out wonderful.
IMG_0004 (2)
After work last night I made this wall hanging, start to finish with just a few minor changes. I had green grass, but it didn't go with the ground, so I changed it. My browns kind of fade together, but Paul likes it and that's what counts. I love the little hanger I got to go with it. This is a patchabilities pattern. It was very simple and didn't take a lot of work. Now maybe I can work on something fun for a change, like a new Mini Miranda purse!
IMG_0010 - Copy


Gina said...

Love the wallhangings and the hanger is fabulous

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Vickie E said...

my husband would LOVE that. He was/is an avid pheasant hunter.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Those are really neat. I love the hunter. I may have to look for that pattern too.