Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

A Very Merry Christmas to everyone! I really enjoyed a very relaxing and fun holiday with our families. I was off on Christmas Eve day, so Paul and I did a few errands around town. We picked up a last minute gift for his mom, the photo Christmas cards we had ordered, and stopped by the shop to pick up fabric for a new wolf wall hanging for Paul. The Sewing Center was getting rid of their floor model chairs - Horn chairs at a very reduced rate. I picked out a white, but Paul thought it would get too dirty, so I picked a blue one out. We took it right home.
We cooked/prepared food in the afternoon and I worked on the cards until our company arrived. We had my parents, Paul's uncle and mom, and Paul and I for supper. We ate finger foods and chili and visited. Then Paul, his mom, and I exchanged gifts. Paul got me a new Colombia winter coat in purple which I really needed since my other was too small. He also got me a black Colombia fleecy to wear with my t-shirt at work so I can stay warm and a purple sweatshirt. His mom gave me a purple sweater and a pink fleecy. I'm all set to stay warm this winter. I got Paul a hoody, an ATV cover set, Burger press, several dvd's and cd's and a meat grinder cover. His grandparents gave me a wall hanging that says Families are like quilts, all pieced together or something similar. It was pretty cool.
We went with my parents to 10PM mass at the Cathedral which was candlelight and absolutely beautiful. We were home by midnight. I love midnight mass, except for I'm so tired, so this was the perfect solution.
Christmas morning we slept in, then took our time getting ready and finished up the preparations for dinner. I emailed friends to wish them a Merry Christmas. For dinner it was Paul & I, his mom, his uncle Will, my parents, and my little bro Ed. We ate about 2:30 and then the guys took naps and Uncle Will left, while we ladies did dishes and then mom, Leslie, and I played UNO Attack. By the end of the night the guys were playing with us. Paul kept winning, so about 7 we quit, had pie and then everyone left. We laughed a ton playing that game as it is so much fun.
This morning I was up early for work and have to work my normal day today. Paul is home relaxing and working on my mom's Christmas gift. We are exchanging gifts with my parents, bros and SIL on New Years Eve/Day, so he has a bit of time to finish it. He's off through the New Year, so should have plenty of time to get it done.
I'm still working on my dad's wall hanging and Paul's too. I hope to have them done by next week. I bought purple/teal/turquoise batiks for a new quilt I plan to make in the New Year, so I'm excited to start it.
Merry Christmas and Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas Moneik - sounds like you had a great day!