Monday, November 19, 2007

Shop Hop Flop

This weekend my aunt and I planned to go to Edgemont, SD to visit their quilt shop. It's a podunk town about an hour and a half from us. They mostly just had kits and patterns. I did find a cute panel and matching fabric, but that was about it. They just didn't have much for fabrics I liked. Then we came back through Custer and wanted to stop at that shop, but it was closed for lunch. We didn't want to wait so we went on to Mistletoe Ranch, the Quilt Corral. It is the ultimate quilt shop in the area. I picked up some more hunky carpenter fabric. When I got home Paul was putting doors on the house. I went and worked on my purple baby quilt and finally got it quilted again. When he got the front door put on, we went to Menards for more supplies. It was after 10 when we got home from shopping. Sunday morning I went to church and then we went and got food for t-day. When we got home Paul took a nap and I put the binding on the baby quilt. Then I made a pair of PJ pants out of the hunky carpenter fabric on my serger. I love them! They are just so fun! Then I took my 2 hour midterm. I got done with it and still had time to work on a bag for a friend for Christmas. I messed up one side because I applied the steam a seam 2 the wrong way.
Tonight I finished it and it looks great and I'm really impressed with how it turned out. Then I made a tabletopper for a gift. I really like how it turned out, although I didn't exactly follow the pattern, accidentally. Oh well at least it is done. I plan to finish another bag tomorrow night and then work on my b/w quilt this weekend.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

All of you girls get so much done in a week I get tired just reading it all. Sounds like you're really moving along with your projects.

Kristie said...

Sure sounds like you have been busy! Can't wait to see a photo of your things. I don't know how you do soooooo much.
Kristie

Jen said...

Wow, you've been super busy too!! You'll have to post a picture of your pants; I think I know what fabric you're talking about!