Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Swoon Sweet 16

I'm feeling the March Madness, so I've named this the Swoon Sweet 16 quilt. I made it using Glamping Gypsies fabric and it's the Swoon 16 pattern from Thimble Blossoms. I love how it turned out. I used red minkee on the backing and it's so pretty in person. It doesn't have a home yet, but I'm sure I'll find the right recipient. I have 16 quilts made from this fabric line. It's my absolute favorite fabric line ever. The quilt measures & 75" square, so an oversized throw or a bed topper. 

I used a "Bone" colored Glide thread on it. While it looked light gray, it really reads white on this white background. I'm pleased with how it blends in the red minkee background too. 


I've been working on this one since October 2018, which makes it one of my older UFO's. The blocks are a bit tedious in that I worked hard to get the patterns to "go" the same direction, which took some figuring. 
 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the finish - it’s a great quilt!