Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Squirrel... or Fox ohh my

 I feel like this week is squirrel week. I literally have been going crazy, doing about 10 different projects and starting, stopping, and doing a bit here and there. I jump from one project to another, to another, then back to the first. I have so many "things" going on that I really don't have anything specific I am working on at the moment. The main reason is I don't have any "right now" deadlines. Most I need by May, so I am slowly working on those quilts, but not showing them or if I do, I pretend they are for someone else. 

I've been working on these Twister table toppers for a lady to match her dining room table runners I made last year for her. These are 25" and 17" square. The fabric is a western theme and has branding and barbwire-themed fabrics. I have both tops done and just looking for the backing fabric I bought to put with them. 


I've been pretty regularly working on Rhododendron Trail Mystery quilt blocks. I've made 10 full blocks and the centers for 5 more, so I'm almost there making these blocks. Next, I need to cut out the sashing and cornerstones. I'm farther ahead on this one than many times, so I want to keep the momentum going and get the top finished. I use it as my "end of the night" project after I sew what I plan to work on, I sew on this until 10:30 or when I hit a good stopping point. Kind of a leader/ender at the end. 
I'm also making a quilt called Bookends and it uses Glamping Gypsies fabric. It's a leader/ender project or end of the night project as well. It's so easy and will go together quickly. 
I pulled out this purple sampler top and will make a table topper out of it to gift. It's already assembled and a bit of a hot mess, so it's time for it to find a new home. 
My friend Pat has a new grandbaby on the way and so I made this gauze baby blanket with Foxes on it for the new baby. 
I made a couple tag blankets to gift to the new baby as well. The one ribbon has the cutest Fox, Owl, and Hedgehog on it. I figured one for home, one for grandma's house. 



All of these were "one-nighters". I was able to sew them all in 1-2 hours in the evening, so small steps toward bigger projects. I'm also busy working on quilts for teachers, graduates, and a few other gifts, so I have to be more careful about showing them on Instagram or Facebook. Since so few read my blog, I feel pretty safe showing them here. Thanks for still reading Jennifer and Sara!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Still here just way behind! It is nice when you don’t have any looming deadlines, isn’t it? I have a few things in progress but no due dates, so enjoy working on them when I feel like it.