Monday, March 21, 2022

Saturday County Shoot

Saturday was the county 4-H shootout for the kids. My brother and his family came up and brought members of their club as well, so it was a busy day. My brother found a ramp for my dad's house, so as a family, we all went to load it up and take it to dad's house. While the boys installed it, I did a quick quilting job. It was National Quilting Day on Saturday, so it seemed appropriate. 

I quilted up the small Twister for Julie. It's 17" and uses brands in it. 

I also quilted up the 25" one that she wanted as well. Now I just need to get them bound. 
I quilted this wall hanging for my friend Pat. It's going to be a late birthday present, but I hadn't gotten out to quilt and I wanted to quilt it on the frame. It's 29". 
I also quilted up this purple sampler. I used these blocks several years ago to teach a class, but there isn't enough contrast in the fabrics, so it's a bad sampler. It's now quilted and I'll bind it and someone will enjoy it. 
The kids after the county shoot. They both shot their personal bests in BB Guns. Mik even qualified for State Shoot. It was a great day for shooting and spending time with family. Grandpa and Grandma came to watch and then we all went out to eat. We ended the day with supper at their house after we helped my brother load chutes to take back to their ranch. 


No comments: