Monday, March 07, 2022

Starting March Strong

March has started so quickly for me. I am working on a Trip Around the World in yellow and blue and I used these fabrics from The Sewing Center and one I had in my stash to make the strata sets. I'm using a freeRuby Star pattern, but I'm doing them in strata sets instead of individual squares. This is literally taking 4 strips, so it's minimal fabric and maximum results. 
Friday night I finished sewing the first block and then all the rest of my strata sets. I wanted to make sure I liked my layout before I continued on with the sets. They are all sewn and I'll press them today. 
Last night I didn't really have a plan, so I sewed 5 blocks of the Rhododendron Trail mystery. It took about 30 minutes to do these 5. I have 5 left and then I'm ready to move on to the next set of blocks. 
Today my partner should receive her Pillow swap from our #QuiltedPillowSwap2022. This is the first swap where I knew my partner and we could give/ask for suggestions of what we might like for our pillow. We did 18" pillows, but again this was something that we could negotiate. She liked my fabric pull with this brighter circle batik and she liked magenta, purple, teals, blues. I tried to pull colors from the background. She liked stars, so I went with the carpenter star. 
I did a fold-over backing. I quilted in on black batik. 
I included a few fun notions in her package as well.
These are my favorite new pins. 
It was mailed on Friday, one day early for our mailing date. I'm pleased with how it turned out and she should receive it today. 

 

1 comment:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

There is something about blues and yellows together that make them both sparkle. Good luck with your stitching.