Thursday, March 04, 2021

Sewing the week away

With a new week, also comes a new month and new goals. I worked on finishing up the blocks for Threadology block 6. I still have 5 and just cut out 7 & 8. I hope to keep this one moving forward. 
My friend Linda recommended these pencils for marking, so I picked up a couple of each color. I think these are working pretty well. I used them for marking flying geese for Ann's t-shirt quilt. 
My APQ goal for March is the Wildlife Teen Spirit. I organized it and started sewing on Monday. I got 5 blocks completed. 
I also worked on putting together a mask-making presentation. I am teaching our 4-H kids to make them on Saturday. It was fun putting the demonstration together on my board. 
My first finish of the month is Rock Candy and I finished hand sewing the binding down on Monday night. I used scraps of Handmade by Tula Pink. 
Last night I worked on getting all the blocks done for Teen Spirit in Wildlife fabrics. I'm pleased with how they turned out. I think this will be a quick finish. I'll probably try to lay it out tomorrow. 





 

1 comment:

Sara said...

The wildlife quilt is a pattern I've never seen before. It has such a dramatic feel to it with the strong vertical bars. I like it.