Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Last Weeks Sewing

Last was crazy busy. I started Cardiac Rehab, so I'm going to that 3 days a week and not getting a lunch hour. It sure cuts into my prepping time for sewing. Sara sent me these yellow and blue strips to use in an SDSU quilt I am working on for a friend. I had sent her some Tula strips and scraps for her quilt. 
Mik is taking swimming lessons, so I have about 30 minutes to sew. I made a few hexie flowers last week. 

Monday night I finished up the Harper Holdall Tote, a pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. The back side is fabric with Decor Bond. 
The front side is a piece I quilted of Soft and Stable. I had a chunk where the backing flipped up and I couldn't use it for other bags, but since this has a lining, it worked perfectly. 
Handles are Decor Bond as well. It's become my gym bag for Cardiac Rehab. 
I spent 2 nights making this sew-together bag with Pinkerville. The unicorns are in both sides of the open pockets. I love how it turned out. 





I'm really pleased with how the bags turned out and this week I hope to focus on piecing. 

 

No comments: