Thursday, October 08, 2020

Sewing for friends

In the last couple weeks, I started doing quite a bit more sewing. I started with these Sew Together bags. I started out making them for 3 friends who have helped me a lot with the financial aspect of paying for cancer treatments. I decided to make them Sew Together bags. As I was cutting each fat quarter, there was always enough for one more bag, so I made myself one as well. The insides all match and I made two green and two purple bags. I'm totally in love with these and LOVED making them again. I even made one for my friend Regina, but I'll post pictures of it after she receives it on Friday. 



  
 
There was a Sew Along for the Mini Maker Case by Lillyella Stitchery, so I decided to make it out of Tula Pink Homemade fabric line as well. It went together fairly easily, although the bias binding was tricky. 


  


 
 
My friend Mitch asked me to make him a bathroom bag. I used Waxed Canvas and while I was making him one, I made one for my friend Trappor who has quilted a few quilts for me this year. 




My friend Nicole lost her partner to lung cancer and they loved sailing, so I made these bags for her. I didn't use a pattern, just cut up 3 fat quarters and added zippers and linings. 
I also made this "Oh, how Sweet! Zipped case. I modified it by switching around the pockets and I didn't add the inner elastic. I love how it turned out. I would use a longer zipper next time as well as a bias binding. 


My friend Tara's husband is going through cancer treatments, so I made her this cross to hang on their wall of crosses. 
I'm loving that I have the energy to sew. Last night I took a break and downloaded all the pictures off my MIL's phone, updated her computer, connected her Bluetooth headphones to her phone and tablet, and cleaned her phone off in anticipation of our vacation. I did the same on my phone, so I now have more room on it as well. Vacation will be here before we know it. 
 



No comments: