Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Quilting Day at Dad's House

 Last week I pieced the Seaside table runner for the #journey2Nebula quilt along. The stiletto comes in really handy when piecing it. I quilted it and bound it Thursday night, then worked on the hand stitching on Friday morning and Saturday night. I finally got it finished and gifted to my co-worker Chris who got married at the beginning of the month. 


As I was piecing it, I worked on these Toni blocks. I've been using them as leaders and enders. They are from the Glamping Gypsy line (that I still have too much of!). 
Saturday I was able to go to Dad's house and quilt. I started with Frolic mini Jacob's Ladder quilt. It's 20x24 and all the blocks are 2.5" finished. 
Dad took us to the Wicksville church for lunch and a craft bazaar, then back to quilting! I quilted this mini Moda Love quilt. It's 12" square. Then I quilted both Cabin Fever quilts on the same backing piece. I did one with loops and the other with swiggles. 


I also quilted this Lucky Charm pillow topper. It will become a 20" pillow. It's so easy to quilt these up quickly at dad's, especially when everything goes well. We were home earlier than expected (which never happens). The next day I realized I forgot to quilt the Sweetheart table topper, but it's small and I can do it at home. 
Last night I whipped up a couple more face masks. One for my MIL and one for my daughter. I think they will love them. The batwing pattern is so fast and it fits so well. 

This week we leave on vacation and I get to go to #QuiltingismyTherapy shop. To say I'm excited is an understatement! I'll be sure to share photos when we return. 



1 comment:

Sara said...

You’ve been a very busy gal. The mask fabrics are adorable! It reminded me that I might have something similar to use for a new mask.