Monday, September 16, 2013

Sewing up a Storm in September!


While I got a great start on the wolf this month, it kind of stalled while I finished up several other projects. I've had the shoes fabric and pattern out to make Mathew some shoes for quite a while. I got them finished, only they don't fit his feet, so they'll become a baby gift.
Untitled
During the recent Hexie Queen Blog Hop I was lucky enough to win a sample pack of Aurifil thread from Stacey at a Tilted Quilt. I won 2 mini charm packs from Jan at Sew and Sow Farm. I can't wait to try these new items in future projects.
Untitled
Saturday night after an exhausting day helping my dad move, I sat down and finished the first square block for my Rubic Star. It went together easily and I just need to keep doing one at a time until I finish them.
Untitled
I also started a new hexi project. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I have all the hexies basted and ready to put together.
Untitled
My hexie bag didn't make it to work today, so I pulled this one out of the drawer. I added the next pink flower on and some of the joining pieces.
Untitled
Yesterday I was able to make the Star Surround for the QAL. It turned out really well and the colors are too dark here. I love that all the directional fabric goes the same direction. It took some extra planning, but it was worth the effort. This has turned into a mini throw quilt for a friends daughter.
Untitled
This weekend while we were moving my mom's cutting table and 4 drawer chest to match made the trip to the new house. We'll be able to get it next weekend when we take the pickup. Mikaela and Mathew were playing with their cousin Cooper. He's a month older than Mathew, but lots bigger. Mathew is just starting to pull himself up and walk next to things. Cooper is walking on his own.
Untitled
Here's hoping I get a lot of sewing time in this week, since we'll be doing more moving next weekend.

No comments: