This week I had one of my fastest finishes ever. I made this Star Surround for the quilt along on Sunday, quilted it Monday night and put the binding on and hand sewed it down on Tuesday. I love how quick and easy this pattern is.
I cut out a Star Surround with my leftover Frolic scraps and had made each 24" square into a kit. Tues night I sewed about half of the triangles and Wed. I squared them up at lunch. Last night I finished sewing and pressing all the hst's and flying geese and made this block. I hope to finish the other 3 blocks tonight at club sew and maybe even my last swoon. We'll see how much I can get accomplished.
Wed. night while I was teaching a class I worked on the hand work on this block, so as not to stand over the students and badger them. I could easily put it down and pick it back up randomly. Somehow I lost a triangle, so I am hoping it is at the shop and I can get it tonight.
This week I also worked on my Rubic Star. This is basically 1/4, minus the background, which was my goal for the month, so I'm excited to have it done and it came together really nice.
My friend Emilee gave me this awesome 1/2 gallon glass canning jar. It's perfect for storing the empty Aurifil spools, but it is also collecting my sewn leaders and enders. I haven't done a lot with L&E, but with the Bernina it seems to be better, so I'm trying to remember to do so. I am hoping to make a Briar Rose quilt with the 2.5" squares sewn together into 16 patches.
It's been a very productive week and I hope it continues tonight as we leave to go to Dad's to finish (hopefully) moving him this weekend.