This week turned out to be a bit more productive than I expected. It's finals week for my graduate class, so I didn't expect to do a lot of sewing.
Last week I worked on this sample for a class I am teaching. I was going to finish it in one evening, even checking how long it was taking me to sew it together. Then I realized I had failed to match up the seams correctly and it was completely off. So I did a bunch of ripping and left it.
On Monday night after a long weekend of camping I was able to get it put together.
I thought for sure I would get it quilted on Tuesday night, but I didn't have the right thread, so I bought thread Wed. night and got it quilted. I did some echo quilting on the hexies. I really like how it turned out. I put the binding on Wed. night and sewed it down during my pumping breaks on Thurs. & today. The color is more accurate in the pictures above, but I am so happy to have it done. It is supposed to have 4 fat quarters and background, but I added the 5th for binding as I liked the zigzag.
This is the back.
Tonight I am off to sew with my amazing friends. I can't wait to spend time catching up with them. Have a great weekend.
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday!