Thursday, September 05, 2013

September - A Lovely Year of Finishes


A Lovely Year of Finishes

This is the month I plan to get a lot accomplished on my UFO list. I will be done with my graduate class on Monday and then I can devote some time to finishing up a few lingering projects.  My goals for this month include making this Merry Go Round table topper for a class sample for a class I teach in December. I had a few errors and went back and ripped last week. Then we were camping all weekend, so nothing got done until Monday night when we got home.
Untitled

I was able to get it to quilt top stage. I didn't have the right thread, so I stopped and bought it last night. I should have this finished this week some time.
Untitled
My major goal is to finish my oldest UFO. This is a wolf for my husband I bought shortly after we were married - 5 years ago. I want to give it to him for Christmas, so I'll work on it after he goes to bed a bit each night. I started with this much done.
Untitled
Tuesday night I had this much done and last night I got a few more pieces of the beard done. I'm scared to quilt it, so I haven't put it together even though it is all cut out and just needs to be put together. I hope to get the top done this month, if I finish that will be a bonus.
Untitled

My other goals include:
1/4 of my Rubic Star - hand pieced
1 Swoon block
Central Park Happy Hour top
2 Ahhhh's
1 UFO

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh - that wolf is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see it come to life.