Last week when I decided I "had" to participate in the Star Surround Quilt Along, even though it was almost over, I told myself I couldn't buy fabric, had to use my stash, and it had to have a purpose if I was going to make a new quilt. I had this leftover Central Park and the purple to match. I had the yellow in my stash of "solid/backgrounds" and I found the orange in the brights scraps. I cut into it at lunch last week and was ready to sew it, including marking all the HST's & Flying Geese. Sunday evening I spent time sewing. I made the 32" block and then added 7" borders on top and bottom, simply because I had enough fabric, wanted it bigger, and it was too big to just be a doll quilt. I also had enough of the fabric for the back. I really love how it turned out and am glad I found a home for it. Since it is 33"x 50" I was able to put it on my quilt frame the long way and only quilt 5 passes down it. It quilted up so beautiful with Aurifil Golden Yellow in both the top and bottom. After the trouble I had quilting the Blush quilt with Aurifil I swore I would never try again, but I have done two quilts since then and both turned out great. I put on the binding last night and hand sewed it down during lunch today. This quilt has a home, but I'm not sure if the mom reads my blog, so I'll wait to share who receives them until next week when they are gifted.
I LOVE this pattern and can't wait to make the one I have cut out in Frolic fabric. It uses up the scraps wonderfully and it's going to be so bright and cheery!