July went by very quickly, but I feel like I accomplished a ton. A lot of it was handwork, but that's what I have time for these days. It seems like every night I have time to sew we have gotten a storm and then I can't turn the machine on, but I'm loving all the rain we're getting, so I won't complain.
I finished the binding on my Hugs and Kisses quilt and it is ready to enter in the fair. I have a list of approximately 15 quilts and 3 or 4 sewing projects to enter in the fair this year.
I also finished the Easy 4 baby quilt. I sewed the binding on while we were camping over the 4th.
One Monday Jen was working on finishing the Sylvia binding and we were talking about how fast we can sew binding. I took it as a challenge to test how fast I could sew it. I didn't have anything in need of binding, so I went home and quilted this Unity wall hanging and put the binding on it. It took me 64 min. over the course of 4 breaks to do the binding. It equaled about 1.75" per min. I'm sure I could be faster on a bigger quilt with more space between the corners. I'm so glad it is done and ready for the fair as well.
Ann requested I make a diaper clutch for her nephew and his wife who just had a baby, so I made this one to match the baby quilt I made for them. It turned out really cute and has the same fabric with a white background on the inside.
I've been wanting a lighter car seat cover for Mathew, so I finally made this one for him. I'm finding however I don't really like it and will probably move the strings so it becomes a blanket for his new car seat when he moves up in a few months.
I did a lot of work on my Ahhhh's. I finished 4 this month, Pie & Ice Cream
Tilt a Whirl
This is where I am at so far, minus the Ruby's Cube I just finished. I'm likeing how they are coming together, but I need to step it up a bit to get a few more finished. I have over 40 so far, but only 13 completed. I plan to do black batik triangles between them.
This week I taught a class with just a few students on how to make bags. It was the second night of the class and they were both working pretty independently, so I sewed this bag up. It turned out pretty cute, but I really wish we had gotten the bright pink in that I wanted to use. This was on my goal list from last month, so I am happy it is done.
I've been working on Swoon for over a year now, but needed some motivation to get going on it. I've been part of the 2013 Swoon along. I worked on the green block most of last week and finished Friday night.
After working on my Scrap swap project and getting a quilt top done, I worked on the orange swoon block. I'm so excited to have finished 2 more. I think I now have 5 of 9 done.
This is my newest English paper piecing project called Rubic Star. I'm winging it with colors and have decided I don't like the teal points. I think I need to find a darker green for a medium and use my medium as my light points. It's all trial and error, but at least I am realizing before I sew them together. I am also working on a project for the Hexie Blog Hop.
I have accomplished all of my July goals, except finishing the scrap swap project, but I did finish the top so I feel that I did well. I'm not sure what my goals for August will be. I only need to finish the scrap swap project. I will definately be getting projects ready for the fair and working on Rubic Star.