Wednesday, July 17, 2013

17/17 in July

I'm going strong with the July sewing challenge, sewing 17/17 days this month. I've really enjoyed getting so much accomplished and getting myself motivated to work on projects that do not have deadlines and simply are in the to do pile.
I finished the binding on the Easy as 4,5,6 baby quilt and it is ready to gift when the right baby comes along. I have one in mind, but not sure if I'll end up giving it away to the mom or just making a blanket.
Untitled
I finished Pie and Ice Cream, Ahhhh #17. I need to get moving on these as I have a lot of them and not nearly enough finished. I have 3 more cut out and prepped to do and 1 is in progress.
Untitled
Saturday we went to Spearfish with daddy and Mikaela insisted on wearing her purple UGG boots from Hannah. She looks so cute, but it was mighty warm.
Untitled
Monday in our Hexie group we were talking about how fast Jen and I bind quilts. I wanted to really find out, so I took this Unity top out and quilted it Monday  night and put the binding on. I'm working on it during my breaks at work with a stop watch, so when it is completed, probably this afternoon, I'll know how many inches per hour or minute or something like that.
Untitled
After I got the binding on Monday night I worked on this diaper clutch. It's for my dad's wife to gift to a relative, so I wanted to get it done soon. The baby is already 6 weeks old or so. I finished up the hand sewing and made the changing pad to match on Tues. night.
Untitled
Last night I also worked on this carseat canopy for Mathew. I made the ties moveable, so when Mathew goes into a different carseat cover in a few months we can tie it on to that too. I'm not sure it's perfect, but he's always loosing his blanket so we'll see. He has a fitted one that we love, but then he's always missing his blanket. This one has lime green minkee on the back.
Untitled
All in all it's been a very productive week. We spent the weekend in Spearfish and I finished up my first paper for my graduate class. We'll be going back to Spearfish this weekend and get to spend time with my friend Emilee and her family. I'm sure the girls will have lots of fun playing and the moms will chat it up while the dad's work.

1 comment:

Janet said...

You get sooooo much done! Lovely projects and and school too. The Ugg boots are so cute. My youngest daughter would only wear little shoes called "jellies" back in the 80's. That was fine in summer, but winter--not so great. At least Mikaela's feet are warm. lol