Monday, July 01, 2013

June Quilting Accomplishments

This month was fabulous! Although the first week or so I was extremely busy with school work and a family reunion, I was able to get a lot of sewing done. I had 11 goals, which included making 18 projects, and I accomplished all but 2 of them! I also put off these two in favor of quilting on the frame, otherwise I could have accomplished them as well.
I succumbed to the peer pressure of May Club Sew and made a Keep Calm bag. I LOVE it! It's big, sturdy, and really useful. Don't let the picture fool you, the pocket does match much better than the picture shows. I have another bag on my list, but am waiting for more webbing to come in as it was back ordered.
Untitled
I quilted this Baby Chevron scrap quilt using a new geometric stipple. I love how this turned out. I'm really disappointed that some water got spilled on it at the shop and dye from another project ran on it. I'm still trying to get it out, but Synthropol didn't work, so I'm not holding out much hope.
Chevron baby quilt
I made up these cute little wine glass shades and cleaned and reorganized my wine glass collection to use them.
Untitled
I also basted and quilted this Max & Whiskers throw quilt for a class sample. It's the first time I haven't used the frame for a large quilt in a long time. I quilted it with the walking foot and Bernina 730. I'm still attempting to bond with the machine.
Untitled
I made Tammy a Carpenter Wheel quilt block. It's 12.5"
Untitled
Here's her other 12.5" block for our Friendship swap
Untitled
I made a beach bag for our camping trip next week. It's lined with vinyl.
Untitled
I used the extra vinyl for a protective bag.
Untitled
I made little bags for Jen B. and I. I figure we can never have enough bags, however I still use the one she gave me at retreat in 2009 as my go to supply bag.
Untitled
I finished the quilting and binding on this wall hanging. I'm pleased with how it turned out and plan to enter it in the fair.
Untitled
I made this sample for the shop. I'm waiting to see how we quilt it before trimming it down.
Quilt 2013-06-23 006
I made 2 block for Jodi for the Friendship block swap
Untitled
I finished an Ahhhh
Untitled
I made Emilee 3 blocks for our Friendship block swap
Untitled
I made Jenn 2 blocks for the friendship block swap.
Quilt 2013-06-29 002
I whipped up this dress at 10PM on a Friday night to wear on Saturday to the preview party at the shop. It took an hour.
Kids 2013-06-29 012
I also made a skirt, since I wasn't sure if the dress was long enough. The skirts a bit long and big, but I'll fix it soon.
Untitled
With my MIL and hubby watching the kids, I got to quilt on the frame. I quilted Hugs & Kisses, a batik scrappy quilt.
Quilt 2013-06-30 002
I also quilted this baby quilt, Easy as 4,5,6.
Quilt 2013-06-30 007

The only two things I didn't get done were my scrappy exchange gift, which is now due in Aug. instead of the first of July and a diaper clutch, which doesn't have a deadline. I am thrilled with how much I got done. I'm hoping to make a car seat canopy and get a few more things checked off my UFO list this month. If I get the binding on both these last two quilts, they are both on my UFO list. It's going to be a great summer! Minus class which starts today. Boo... only 3 classes left though! Yeah!

No comments: