Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 38 9.19.12

This past week has been crazy busy! I am so ready for October, so I can slow down.
Oh wait, no sure it will happen then either. I had a couple finishes from last week I wanted to share pictures of since the shower is over. My co-worker Jody's shower was on Sat. and I gave her this little diaper clutch. It's made with the leftover backing fabric from her baby quilt.
IMG_0435
I finally finished my dad and Ann's wedding quilt. It will be given to them on Friday. I think it's my favorite quilt so far this year. Maybe in the last 2 years. I simply love how stunning it turned out.
 IMG_0437
I did the label on the embroidery machine. It turned out awesome! So glad I can still make that thing work like I want it to, when I want it to.
IMG_0440
This is the baby quilt I made for Jody. It's a panel, but her baby room is farmyard, so  I knew it was perfect!
IMG_0454
She loved the baby quilt and I'm so happy I went with this one instead of the one I started for her. She's due Nov. 1, so we'll be overlapping maternity leaves by about 4 weeks.
IMG_0462

Saturday night I needed some me time, so after Mikaela went to bed I loaded my blush quilt. It's the one I tried to quilt with the Aurifil thread on Tues. night and cussed it so much that I took it out and started over with my old standby KingTut/Bottomline combo. I was mad too since I had bought both pink and turquoise Aurifil to quilt it with and neither worked. Oh well, live and learn. It was one of those nights where I would say I'll finish this bobbin, then I'll finish the row, then oh I don't have much left to do, so I might as well finish since it is going so well. I love how it turned out!
IMG_0469
Here's a close up of the quilting.
IMG_0475
Sunday night I had Jen's quilt on the frame and ready to quilt. I quilted and tore and quilted and tore several times before I got it where I like the quilting on it. When it was done I loaded this baby quilt on it. I was just going to load, then just check thread, and pretty soon it was completely quilted! Good thing I did as I found out the baby shower is Sunday night. Last night after I worked late I put the binding on. I'm hoping to finish the handwork during class tonight, but we'll see how it goes.
IMG_0479
My dad drives a grader, so that is the picture I took of the quilting. It's for his grandson. So with 4 yards of bamboo batting I was able to complete three quilts, the blush, Jen's, and the Cat quilt. I think they will all be great snugly quilts, well except for Jen's, but it will hang well. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!
IMG_0483
Saturday night we took Mikaela to get her first hair cut. She was so not interested in sitting still, so I had to hold her and try to keep her still. She now has bangs and looks like a little girl. The hairdresser Cathy was so good with her!
IMG_0468
It's been a VERY productive week! I don't think this next week will be since we are going to my dad's tomorrow for the wedding on Friday. I'm hoping I can have the baby quilt done by Sunday's shower. Anything else is a plus this week!

Finished this week:

Dump Truck Quilt
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts - DONE!
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -DONE!

Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Sign Language Diaper Clutch
Batik Scrappy Quilt - Sewed all the 2.5" squares to the corners, now to trim and press
Hugs & Kisses Batik quilt
Hugs & Kisses Scrappy Quilt

Quilts Needing Hand sewing on Binding Blush Quilt  - quilted!
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen - Quilted

Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top - At the shop
Twisted Heart - At the shop
Merry Go Round - Needs backing made.
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- borders on - backing made
Autumn Star Quilt - needs backing

New Projects:

No progress:
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing - Need to get a move on, he's getting married
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Swoon - 2 Blocks done

This week's stats:
Completed projects -3
New projects -
Currently in progress - 4
Finished this year - 51, 12 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

No comments: