This week I kind of went crazy after seeing a post on WIP Wednesday post and started a new quilt. It has a bunch of 16 patch blocks, so I made those first. I alternated between cutting and pressing at work during lunch and sewing at night. I have all these blocks done. I used my scrappy 2.5" batik strips.
While we were camping this weekend I cut the other strips into 2.5" squares and 4.5" squares of background. I was doing it on the picnic table and got a bit too much direct sunlight, so I had to quit. My mat was warping! However in the evening I was back at it and got them all cut. Today at lunch I drew the lines on the small squares so they are ready to sew tonight.
Also in progress this week is my swap with Jen. Since I don't make enough to get into a doll quilt swap, we're doing our own swap of small quilts. I can only show a few snaps of it, but it's coming together really nicely. All my points are matching! However when I started working on it, I thought I was making 2" finished HST's. Somewhere along the lines the size is wrong and I instead have squares that measure 2 3/8" unfinished, making for a really weird size!
Since the quilt judge at the fair said I can't match points, I'm doing my darnedest to match all the points. I'm really quite proud of how these are turning out. Even my 16 patches above match perfectly!
This weekend for Labor Day we went camping. Mikaela is between sizes of clothes, but I pulled out this outfit I had made back when I was 10-12 years old as a child development project for 4-H. Mom had saved it in the cedar chest all these years. Mikaela looked adorable and she fit in it perfectly.
The back is super cute as well. It has little bloomers with it.
We took a family picture at the camp site. As you might be able to tell I'm really starting to show now. I'm 26 weeks, so only 14 weeks left! With only 2 weeks left until dad's wedding, next week will be dedicated to doing embroidery and finishing a couple baby quilts for showers. September is going to fly by!
Finished this week:
Ongoing projects: (and progress this week on them)
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen -Sewing the final seams
Sign Language Diaper Clutch
Barn Yard Diaper Clutch
Quilts Needing Hand sewing on Binding
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding - 1 left
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding-1 left
Barn Yard Friends Quilt -quilted and binding on - Must be done this week!
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt - backing made!
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top - At the shop
Twisted Heart - At the shop
Merry Go Round - Back from the shop, need to add final two rows
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- borders on - backing made
Batik Scrappy Quilt
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing - Need to get a move on, he's getting married
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Swoon - 2 Blocks done
This week's stats:
Completed projects -0
New projects -1
Currently in progress - 4
Finished this year - 45 , 12 Samples
I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!