Wednesday, September 05, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 36 9.5.12

This week I kind of went crazy after seeing a post on WIP Wednesday post and started a new quilt. It has a bunch of 16 patch blocks, so I made those first. I alternated between cutting and pressing at work during lunch and sewing at night. I have all these blocks done. I used my scrappy 2.5" batik strips.
IMG_0356

While we were camping this weekend I cut the other strips into 2.5" squares and 4.5" squares of background. I was doing it on the picnic table and got a bit too much direct sunlight, so I had to quit. My mat was warping! However in the evening I was back at it and got them all cut. Today at lunch I drew the lines on the small squares so they are ready to sew tonight.
IMG_0358
Also in progress this week is my swap with Jen. Since I don't make enough to get into a doll quilt swap, we're doing our own swap of small quilts. I can only show a few snaps of it, but it's coming together really nicely. All my points are matching! However when I started working on it, I thought I was making 2" finished HST's. Somewhere along the lines the size is wrong and I instead have squares that measure 2 3/8" unfinished, making for a really weird size!
IMG_0359
Since the quilt judge at the fair said I can't match points, I'm doing my darnedest to match all the points. I'm really quite proud of how these are turning out. Even my 16 patches above match perfectly!
IMG_0360
This weekend for Labor Day we went camping. Mikaela is between sizes of clothes, but I pulled out this outfit I had made back when I was 10-12 years old as a child development project for 4-H. Mom had saved it in the cedar chest all these years. Mikaela looked adorable and she fit in it perfectly.
IMG_0251
The back is super cute as well. It has little bloomers with it.
IMG_0254
We took a family picture at the camp site. As you might be able to tell I'm really starting to show now. I'm 26 weeks, so only 14 weeks left!  With only 2 weeks left until dad's wedding, next week will be dedicated to doing embroidery and finishing a couple baby quilts for showers. September is going to fly by!
IMG_0351
Finished this week:

Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen -Sewing the final seams
Sign Language Diaper Clutch
Barn Yard Diaper Clutch

Quilts Needing Hand sewing on Binding
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding - 1 left
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding-1 left
Barn Yard Friends Quilt -quilted and binding on - Must be done this week!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt  - backing made!
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top - At the shop
Twisted Heart - At the shop
Merry Go Round - Back from the shop, need to add final two rows
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- borders on - backing made
New Projects:
Batik Scrappy Quilt

No progress:
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing - Need to get a move on, he's getting married
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Swoon - 2 Blocks done

This week's stats:
Completed projects -0
New projects -1
Currently in progress - 4
Finished this year - 45 , 12 Samples


I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

1 comment:

cspoonquilt said...

The colors are beautiful! I love working with batiks, it just seems like no matter how you put them together they shine! But I am very partcial to purple-green=blue color combos like your's. Cheers, Claire W.