Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 39 9.26.12

This week simply flew by! I tried to jam pack a lot into it with Dad's wedding on Friday and then catching up at home during the weekend. We're getting ready to move rooms around for the new baby, so my quilt frame has to come down. I decided I wanted to finish up a couple more quilts. Monday night I quilted this Mocha Meringue quilt that I plan to use in the nursing room at work. 
IMG_0022
I'm preparing for a UFO class I'm teaching in Oct. so I sorted all my UFO's out and gathered them together in the closet my grandpa built me. This is about 36" high and 12" deep by 24" wide, so it has room for about 20 UFO's which are my most current ones.
IMG_0026
I also quilted up this little table topper which is a UFO of my mom's. I plan to give it to my dad. Nothing fancy, but it's his brand and it's done.
IMG_0027
I did a gold/maroon/green King Tut on it with a simple meander.
IMG_0030

Last night I started taking the frame apart. It was a lot of work! I got the right side taken down and I think we'll leave it like this for now. It will be a lot less hassle. I washed all the leaders for it and it's ready to be moved when we get ready. The machine is all packed up in one of the Tutto's on the floor.
Untitled

Sunday was my SIL to be's baby shower. She's having a boy the end of Oct. and so I gave her the Trucks baby quilt. She really liked it.
IMG_0006
My aunt gave her a blanket made with jeans from my grandpa, grandma, mom, and dad. It turned out pretty cool and she embroidered their names on the jeans. It's a rag quilt.
IMG_0012

Finished this week:


Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Sign Language Diaper Clutch
Batik Scrappy Quilt - Sewed all the 2.5" squares to the corners, now to trim and press
Hugs & Kisses Batik quilt
Hugs & Kisses Scrappy Quilt
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- needs binding

Quilts Needing Hand sewing on Binding Blush Quilt  - quilted!
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen - Quilted
LT Table topper

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top - At the shop
Twisted Heart - At the shop
Merry Go Round - Needs backing made.
Autumn Star Quilt - needs backing

New Projects:

No progress:
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing - Need to get a move on, he's getting married
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Swoon - 2 Blocks done

This week's stats:
Completed projects -
New projects -
Currently in progress - 5
Finished this year - 51, 12 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

No comments: