Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sewing in June

I've been doing lots of sewing in June, but I haven't gotten most of it posted yet. I finished up the Friendship quilt for Regina and while I was working on it, I was also finishing a few other projects. I made this Christmas wall hanging sample for the store out of Nancy Halvorson's Christmas line.
Quilt 025
I finished up this UFO for my niece Molly's birthday that is next weekend. It's one my mom started and I wanted to finish it for Molly.
Quilt 062
I also played around with the new Quarter Square triangle ruler and made a few samples for Tammy. I just love how these blocks turned out, but i think they'd be even better in some solid colors. I did a few different ways to show what they could look like.
Quilt 053
Then I played with the 60* ruler too. I've been wanting to make a project out of my Blush Jelly Roll using this ruler, so I figured I could test it out with some scraps. It worked awesome and I'm already on my way to having a hexi quilt!
Quilt 059

This weekend I made a vestment for my parents priest. It's another UFO of my mom's and needs to be finished and delivered before the first part of July. I still have the binding to do around the collar, but I think my lining is too big and I need some advice before I finish it up. Talk about a major project that scares the living daylights out of me!
I also finished up a wall hanging last night for a friends baby. It'll be gifted on Friday and then I can share photos of it. I can't believe how stinkin cute it turned out!

No comments: