Monday, July 18, 2011

Lariann and Larissa's Baby Quilt

On Tuesday the 12th of July I found out about a baby shower for one of my friends from grade school on Sat. the 16th. Her and her two sisters and I were friends. Her and one of the sisters had come to my shower and I had gone to the others baby shower last year, so I knew I wanted to go. I figured I could quickly whip up a baby quilt. I had 2 Dilly Dally charm packs and enough fabric to make 2 little girl quilts. I found out she was having a girl and set to work. I made the top on Tues/Wed. nights. I had it done in just a few hours, but Mikaela helped so it took a bit longer.
Quilt 064
I quilted it on Wed. night and worked on the binding at work on Thurs. and Fri.
Quilt 069
I just loved the daisies I quilted into it.
Quilt 070
But, I knew her sister had had a little girl on July 5th and just couldn't go without making a quilt for her sister's little girl as well. I took the other Dilly Dally charm pack and made this quilt top on Thurs. night. We went to the races on Fri. night, so I got up early Sat. morning and quilted and bound it before the shower.

Quilt 056
It turns out the hand work takes longer than making the top! I quilted daisies into this one as well.
Quilt 059
I just love how the quilting turned out.
Quilt 060
Here's Lariann with the new baby quilt.
Lariann Baby Shower 001
She seemed to really like it.
Lariann Baby Shower 003
Her sister wasn't there, but will get the quilt soon. I really enjoy making baby quilts, knowing that the recipient will love it. I have enough from fat quarters and scraps to make 2 more quilts just like these. I even worked out a deal to make one for a co-worker and she'll make me scrap book pages in exchange! I just love that kind of deal, since I suck at making anything scrap book related.

No comments: