I'm finally getting caught up on my blog, so I'm gonna splatter it with the projects I'm working on this week and what I did last week.
This is one of my mom's UFO's. It's a BQ2 quilt made with the Jim Shore Angels fabric. Mom had it layed out and ready to sew together. I sewed it together matching everything in April...only to realize it needed to be flipped to make it work right, so I took it completely apart, took every other block apart, and fixed it into the way it's supposed to look. I'd put it away since then.
Last week I found out about a quilt project to make quilts for all the beds at Terra Sancta a retreat center for our diocese. I figured there was no better place for this quilt to go. I sewed the blocks together Thurs. night and picked up the fabric I need to make the borders. I think it will look great and be a wonderful addition to the center.
It's a large lap, so I'll be making it a bit bigger with borders into a twin size.
I picked up these three fat quarters at the Quilt Corral in Hill City a few weeks ago. I'm making a diaper clutch. I really need to get it finished before Mikaela is out of diapers.
I'm also participating in a Hexalong this summer and trying to work on a few projects with hexi's. This is my 60* Blush quilt. It will probably be a throw size. I have a few others, so I'll post a blog post about the Hexalong later. At least I had motivation to cut all the blocks out last week during lunch. There is no pattern for this. I'm just kind of going with the flow and using the 60* ruler I love.
At work a co-worker started a positive attitude award called the Atta Girl to reward people who help each other out at work. Basically it can be given to any woman within our system. I'm the second recipient and they threw a surprise party to give it to me. I'm not sure who I'll give it to next, but I can only keep it a few weeks and then I need to pass it on to another deserving employee. I received it for helping my co-worker Shannon with several processes. Yes this is taken in my office, lots of quilts hanging all over my office! There are two more on the other walls.
Last week and this week I've been working on Colleen's block for the block swap. It's a simple block, but somehow I screwed it up, not 1, not 2, but 3 times! First I made all the HST's about 1/4" too small. I printed the paper wrong. So I quit that night. A few nights later I made the Flying Geese using the Lazy Girl ruler and they turned out great! I made the new HST's and went to put it together and I had reversed the blue and white on all my flying geese, so I quit that night! Tonight I re-made all the flying geese. I started to put it together and had made half my HST/solid block pieces wrong, so I did the frog stitch! Finally I got it put together tonight! I was determined! I love how it turned out and can't believe I had so much trouble with such a simple block.