Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bag Sewing

Tonight I had a few bags I wanted to get made. I actually got to start sewing at about 5, since I was off work early and Mikaela and Paul were napping. I made this cosmetic size bag for my co-worker friend Pat. She's going through some family challenges and I thought she'd get a kick out of the fabric. She has a kitty she just loves.
Quilt 127

I also found this cute cat fabric that goes with it, so I made little wallets. They are about the size of a cash and carry, only I didn't piece them. I just used 4.5"x 6.5" pieces and did a bit of decorative stitches to hold the layers together. I made one for her.
Quilt 123
Quilt 126

I also made one for her granddaughter who is staying with her. I think she'll like having her own little wallet. She's 3.
Quilt 124
Quilt 125

I finally got around to making the diaper clutch. It turned out super cut and was actually pretty easy. I just need to get a piece of vinyl for the matching  changing pad. I have to stop at the store tomorrow so hope to get it then.
Quilt 130

Tomorrow I'm off early and going to attend the ordination of our new bishop. I've never been to one before, so I'm looking forward to going. Luckily my dad is going as well, so I won't be along. If I get any good pictures I'll share.

1 comment:

Deb A said...

Great job on the bags! It's great that she is letting you get so much sewing time in. Em grabbed a bit of fabric, got into my chair and tried to put it through the feed dogs yesterday. Thank goodness the machine was off....