Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June Groovy Girls

June Groovy Girls was a small group, so we didn't last quite as long, but it gave us plenty of time to sew! Shoona, Gaila, Jenn, and I sewed while Tammy worked on kits for the quilt show.
Shonna was working on zippered bags, while Gaila and Jenn were learning how to paper piece from me.
Quilt 064
Gaila had done a bit of paper piecing, so needed a refresher. We were working on Jen's Friendship Swap blocks. I just love how her fabric looks like verigated thread.
Quilt 066
Jenn was picking up on it right away.
Quilt 067
Our blocks were coming together.
Quilt 069
I love how mine turned out. The purple and pinks are just so me!
Quilt 071
When I got done with my block I worked on a new UFO. I took a Blush jelly roll and matched up the strips and sewed them into strip sets. I have them all sewn and pressed and ready to be cut into pieces for hexis.
Quilt 077
I feel like I got so much accomplished by finally using the Blush Jelly roll, but it was pretty mindless sewing and that's what I needed for an evening of visiting.

No comments: