Monday, February 07, 2022

First Week of February

The first week of February is already behind us. This month goes entirely too fast for my liking. My birthday is next Monday and the 5th grader has asked me to go bowling with her class. I finished one table runner for an auction for a family adopting. One of my students asked me to make something and since the auction is being held at a bar, I decided to make these blocks into a table runner. I quilted it with Glide thread, which is becoming one of my favorites. It's not available locally, but I was able to get it online and I have a dark gray and a light gray (which looks white). 
I haven't gotten much sewing done this week as I started a new chemo drug and it's made me very tired. There are several side effects, but in order to combat nausea, I take an anti-nausea drug prior to taking the chemo pills, both morning and night. They have to be 12 hours apart.  I went through chemo education and listened to all the side effects and all the things I can do to combat the side effects if I should get them. It was a lot to hear and I feel like I'm back in active treatment, although these are really just for maintenance. I have to have bloodwork every 2 weeks to make sure they are not affecting other areas. I'll get back to sewing soon, but I needed the extra sleep this week. 

 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your sewing projects will wait patiently. Hopefully you will not see as many side effects as you progress with the maintenance drugs.