Thursday, February 17, 2022

February weeks 2 & 3

February has been quite the month. I finished my Meadowland quilt and threw it on the bed. It's been cold in SD and I was using it quilted, but not bound on the bed, so I decided it needed to become a priority and get it done. I love how light this quilt is and it's the perfect coverlet for our bed. 
I made my friend Gaila this Piecekeeper bag. It's a free byAnnie pattern and it goes together super quickly (I may have just put it off for weeks and it took less than an hour to make.) She loves the new Tilda fabric line, so I went and got a fat quarter pack, so now I can make her something else too. 

I've slowly been working on the Rhododendron trail mystery. I try to finish them in order, but if I do that I'll never finish, so I have this one beside my machine and try to make a few blocks a week. When I get serious about it, I could easily have it done as I have all the pieces made and everything cut out (unlike Grassy Creek). 
I also finished up the t-shirt quilt top I've been making for a friend of a friend. It turned out better than I expected. 
My godmother (who is the most amazing one ) sent me these two books for my birthday. While children's books, the are both so "me" that I love them. If you love purple, you need to read the Purple People book. If you're a quilter, read the Quiltmakers Gift. The premise is if you give, you'll receive. I try to remember that in my quilt gifting. 
 
My friend Gaila made me this postcard for my birthday. I love it! It's made with Tula fabrics, which I absolutely love!
I've been working on this little boys quilt for a work study student's son. I put borders on, then I decided they are wrong, so I am currently fixing the borders. It turned out super cute for a scrap quilt. These fabrics were from mom, so they are old!
Also in my "old" pile is this table runner I made from scraps. I love how it turned out, but for the life of me I can't find the backing/binding fabric. I know I was using it for another project too, but it's escaping me right now. I may just quilt it with a cream background and wait to bind it when I find the fabric. I've cleaned my office, high and low looking for it and my sewing studio and bedroom too. It's essentially disappeared. 
My friend Pat sent me this quilt precious moments statue for my birthday. I just love that she keeps me in mind when she sees things I would like. I love it!

 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the colors you chose for Rhodo Trail. The blocks look great. I have that same Quiltmaker's Gift book. It's a sweet story!

You manage to be so productive, even working full time, having busy kiddos, and managing your health. Very inspiring!