Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Ultimate Travel Bag

Let me just say I love byAnnie patterns. I have figured out her methods and know which ways I like to change them to make them my own. I've probably made 50+ bags from her patterns. I would say my favorite is the Ultimate Travel Bag. I've made it twice and I like the size, the shape, and how well it comes together. I made this UTB in Homemade by Tula Pink as part of my "sewing" travel items. 
The only difference between the Carry All Tote (I don't think the pattern is available anymore, but in case you have one) and this is the back travel strap. It's made to fit over the handle of a suitcase. If I ever travel by airline, this will be my travel bag. I haven't made the carry strap pad. 




I did put the mesh pockets in both sides of the bag. I don't necessarily like these, but they work well with the thickness of the bag. 


 

2 comments:

Sara said...

The mesh pockets are going to be useful, but I am really impressed with that strap that fit over the suitcase handle. That was a great idea for this pattern. I have a favorite carry-on bag (purchased) that has that and it's so handy.

Jennifer said...

That’s a great bag - I have a travel bag on my to-do list one of these days!