Monday, January 24, 2022

Quilting and Quilt Retreat

 My sewing friends and I decided to get away for a few days to sew at the Passionate Quilters retreat. We ran into a snag when they wanted everyone to make all day, every day at the retreat, so we went to our friend Tammy's home. She kicked her hubby out and we enjoyed 4 days of sewing. I worked on several quilts. 

This is a picture of all of us together. It's been 8 years since we all got to sew together for a weekend. 
I finished the Swoon 16 top. 
I also finished the Harmony top in Nova. My SIL thinks it looks like barb wire, so I'm going to make a quilt for them in these colors. 
I made the Threadology top and planned to give it to my hubby's aunt, but my MIL loved it, so I made it a little wider and she received it for Christmas. 
I finished Mathew's quilt top Marina and quilted it with a blue minkee backing and wide back flannel. 

I made this RWB Jelly Belly quilt for my co-worker Myron who is a veteran. He does so much for me, that I thought he would like it. 
I finished the inside of Frolic and am working on the border. I'm doing it as a leader ender, so it's taking a while. 
I finished the Hey June top. This one doesn't have a home yet, so I'm not sure what color I'm going to use on it. 
I finished the Phoenix top in Little Snippets. I quilted this one with a red minkee backing and I gave it to my MIL for Christmas. 
I finished my Meadowland quilt top and I got it quilted before Christmas. I just need to get it bound. It's for me. 
My dad's wife wanted a baby quilt, so I quilted up this panel and she was able to gift it the next day. 
I quilted a couple of Quilts 4 Kyds quilts.
I quilted a couple of Quilts 4 Kyds quilts.
It was a very successful retreat and quilting day at my dad's house. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

You always accomplish so much with the time you have. But how fabulous to be together with all of these friends and have all that dedicated time to sew and just be together. Good for you!!