A Lovely Year of Finishes Goal Met! + 100 Finishes - 55 UFO's & 44 NEW
This month I set the goal to finish the Wolf quilt for my husband for Christmas. It's been a UFO since August of 2008, just after we got married. I've been dreading this quilt and the quilting. I put it on the frame in October, quilted the borders, then realized I had too much poofy in the center. I ended up taking it off the frame and taking out half the quilting.
Due to too much thread breakage on the frame, I used the BSR on the Bernina 730 and basically thread painted the face. It worked pretty well. I did have some thread skipping, but it just adds texture. I quilted it with several shades of Aurifil thread and Aurifil dark brown in the bobbin.
I tried to get some close ups of the face. I am happy with how it turned out and even more excited that it is done.
This is probably my favorite part. I found a thread that matched in my stash and was able to get this background quilted in a mini stipple.
I am so pleased with how this turned out! I was able to get it finished and is ready for gifting.
I've had a lot of other finishes this month and am pleased to say I have only a drawer left of UFO's. I'm getting down to only "big" ones left. Next month will be a month of samples as I am teaching a lot of classes in the new year. I look forward to getting even more finishes done. I'd like to have 125 finishes for the year, but that may not be realistic. Finishing this UFO has definitely made it a great month!