Friday, October 25, 2013

Finish It Up Friday

This month has been amazing in the quilting department, partly because we've been home every weekend, but mainly because I set some goals and I pulled out my UFO sheet to see what I can accomplish before the end of the year.
I was able to quilt two quilts on Sunday night, Star Surround and 9 Patch Snowball. The Star Surround was a new quilt using up scraps of Frolic, so I feel like I was using up the leftover fabric. The rest of it is going in the scrap container. I love how this turned out for a scrap quilt. I would have been better if the oranges were opposite, but oh well. It will make a nice quilt for someone. I finished up the hand work on the binding on Wednesday.
Untitled
Wednesday night I taught a class and with some time to hand sew I finished up the 9 Patch Snowball hand work. It's pretty small, but it was made as an I Spy quilt. I'm not sure who this will go to.
Untitled
Last night when I got home I quickly quilted up this little play mat. It could be a baby quilt, but I'm thinking it will be better as a little play mat for my nephew. Mathew already has one just like it. I finished the binding today at lunch, although I think I am going to go back over it with a machine stitch to secure it since his dad says "Boys are rough and they play with stuff till it falls apart".
Untitled
Here's a close up of the binding. I used a little blue fabric that has orange cones on it. I am on the last of this fabric. I have made five quilts and a table topper with it and just have enough for 1 or 2 60* table toppers left. They will have to be burped with something different on the back as I am so close to done with this fabric. Another UFO off my list!
Untitled

While I was looking at my list in mid-October, I started a Nov. goal list... I've finished 3 of the 6 things already! I think I need to look again. I have all of my October goals either accomplished or superseded! I am not working on a couple new quilts and a couple quick finishes for the end of the month. I think Nov. will be spent making quilts for my kids for X-mas. While I "only" finished 3 quilts this week compared to the four last week, I was able to also make a burped table topper, which only needs a wee bit of quilting. I also cut out and pinned 3 baby receiving blankets which will be quick finishes, pinned another 60* table topper that needs a piece of batting, and cut out 2 toddler quilts, 1 for my nephew's 1st birthday and 1 for my son for X-mas. I need to make/quilt/bind my nephew's before Sunday, so I'm on a time crunch, but I think I can do it.

I'm Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday!

No comments: