Thursday, October 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 42 10.17.12

This week has been another crazy one for me. The floor is still not finished after we spent the weekend at dad's helping him. Paul's making slow progress on it, a box or so each night. So my machine has not come out of the bag. I am seriously going stir crazy!
Last night I taught a UFO class. I had a really great lecture, ideas, etc. planned and one lady was sick, the other two I know really well and they just wanted to sew and visit, so that's what we did. I was really surprised with no one wanting to take the class, as Christmas is coming soon. It's a great finish it up kind of class. I did help both of them figure out how to get a UFO gone wrong finished. Kay Lynn finished all her blocks and is ready to lay out and sew her quilt top together next time and Heather laid out, basted, and quilted her quilt top. She even got it squared up. On the other hand since they were both content with what they were doing, I laid out my Briar Rose Quilt. I had no intentions of doing it, but it was a UFO I brought to talk about. Once I had it ready to sew, I used a class machine and sewed it together. It's turning out great and I just have to sew rows together now. It really helped to do some machine sewing and I feel like I accomplished a lot! We had a great night talking about UFO's and they did learn a few things. Next week we're going to make project bags.
So this is how far I got on Briar Rose. LOVE it! Can't wait to finish it.
Untitled

Finished this week:

Mikaela's scrapbook - does that count?? Not much sewing here.
Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Sign Language Diaper Clutch
Batik Scrappy Quilt - Laid out and sewn into rows
Hugs & Kisses Batik quilt -
Hugs & Kisses Scrappy Quilt
Swoon -

Quilts Needing Hand sewing on Binding

Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- worked on binding.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt - Need to make backing
Confetti Top - At the shop
Twisted Heart - At the shop
Merry Go Round - Needs backing made.
Autumn Star Quilt - needs backing

New Projects:

No progress:
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt

This week's stats:
Completed projects -0
New projects -0
Currently in progress -5
Finished this year - 55, 12 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Briar Rose is gorgeous! I have a UFO using that layout and kid's brights that I look forward to digging out.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful design!!