Friday, October 05, 2012

Swoon Blocks

I'm actually further along on my Swoon quilt than I once thought! I pulled out the block roll-up that I had my finished blocks in and realized I had 3 in there and not 2. I'm so excited. I planned to make a larger block roll-up, but hadn't quite found the fabric i wanted for the outside. However, as I was doing this I realized Jen sent me a yard of a really cool quilting fabric and it would be perfect to use for this since she taught me how to make the roll-ups in the first place. I'll have to find my flannel now.
This is the first Swoon block I made. I just wasn't crazy about it. So I decided to reverse the colors. I'll use this one as a wall hanging or table topper since it won't go in the finished quilt.

Untitled
This is the second one I made with the colors reversed and I liked it a lot better!
Untitled
The orange one I didn't remember making, but now that I think about it when I couldn't get the teal on to work at club I did the orange one.
Untitled
Last night I fixed all the errors and figured out how to press all the seams, so I can make these blocks. I used my design wall in the bedroom, which is really dark, so the pictures turned out dark. I love how these blocks are turning out and can't wait to finish making all of them.
Untitled

2 comments:

Deb A said...

Very pretty blocks. They are going to make a wonderful quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors - very pretty!!