Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 12 3/21/12

This was a productive week, even if I didn't feel like I was in the studio sewing much. I couldn't motivate to sew late at night, so I started cutting out my batik scraps. I had some of mine and my moms and I spent about 3 hours Thurs. night cutting and about 2 hours on Sunday. I cut 2 - 2.5" strips to begin with, then if there was enough I cut a 6 7/8" strip and if there was any left I cut a 3.5" strip. The 2.5" strips below will probably make one of the Lazy Angle ruler quilts.
Quilt 2012-03-18 001
The large strips and 3.5" strips below are being cut during lunch time at work to make a jewel box quilt. You may remember the one we made as a friendship quilt for Regina (1I) last year. I loved the pattern and had placed it with my tote of batiks so I could cut them up when the time came. Well, this was the week.
Quilt 2012-03-18 002
Sunday and Monday nights I quilted this quilt for Heather. It's awesome and really looks incredible, but more pictures will come after it's given. It's a photo quilt using the snapshots block pattern.
Quilt 2012-03-19 008
Last night I made my MIL a new bag for work, so she'd have a place to carry her wallet and 3 cell phones. I made it an inch bigger both ways. This is one of her favorite fabrics and we're finally down to the last yard of it. We originally bought 9+ yards and she made a king size bed and pillowcases.
Quilt 2012-03-20 002
I also made her this quick cash and carry wallet, with vinyl on the outside pocket for her drivers license.
Quilt 2012-03-20 005
I've been slowly sewing the Merry Go Round blocks together. I have about half done. I laid them out to see what they will look like. It's going to be interesting that's for sure! I have such a hard time with scrappy!
Quilt 2012-03-20 003

New Projects this Week:
Runaround Bag
Cash and Carry wallet
Batik Jewel Box
Finished this week:
Runaround Bag
Cash and Carry wallet
Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
 Twister - Cut out and ready to piece. 
Jim Shore Quilt - None
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing
Merry Go Round - Half the blocks done.
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders
Swoon - 1 Block done
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Confetti Top
Friendship Block Swap Top
No progress:
Pokey Little Puppy Book
3 Mug Rugs - Binding
Winding Ways
Twister Baby Quilt
This week's stats:
Completed projects -2
New projects -1
Currently in progress - 6
Finished this year - 25 , 6 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
wipwednesdaybutton


2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

beautiful fabrics and quilting...

Heidi Grohs said...

Scrappy can be so intimidating at times! The fabrics are gorgeous!