Monday, March 12, 2012

Quilters Are Crazy Retreat Friday - Day 1

The Quilters Are Crazy Retreat, officially held and named for my mom began on Friday March 2nd. Mom loved the song God is Great, Beer is Good, and People Are Crazy.  Jenn and I loaded my car full to the brim! We couldn't have gotten much more in there. We took pictures of the full car before we unloaded.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 005
It took us right at 2.5 hours to get everything set up. Tammy and Cindy arrived shortly after us. Michelle, Darlene and Emilee arrive within an hour. We all chose our spots and got everything arranged. Emilee, Jenn and I shared the large table.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 007
We had an ironing board over by the window and one by the wine cooler.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 008
Jenn, Emilee, and Tammy having supper and a few good laughs. The counter held all the snacks.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 011
From my spot at the table, you can see Michelle and Cindy at the table they shared with Darlene. The view out the south window is breathtaking.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 013
This is the view from over by the ironing board looking back at the room.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 015
Some of the quilters shared gifts. Cindy made the cutest little paper baskets. They held candy and a zipper we could use to make a bag.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 035
The zippers coordinated with the fat quarters Michelle and Tammy gave as gifts. Tammy picked the pink sewing fabric fat quarters because they reminded her of my mom.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 037
Tammy also brought paper bags for scraps and fat quarters from Fabric City. Jane gave us folders for recipes and patterns and made name tags. Jenn made us the really cute bags in the center.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 038
Jane made me this super cute heart wall hanging and everyone signed the back. Everyone gave me a gift for hosting the retreat. It was so fun to see what everyone gave me. I got slippers, books, candy, lotion, a rice bag, and many other neat gifts!
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 056
Bev, Lois, Jane, and Sandy joined us Friday night after work.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 059

Friday was very successful for me! I finished up the binding on the mug rugs I had made for everyone. Then I made a few black and white blocks for the giveaway. I also put together my friendship quilt blocks. I pressed all my Merry go round strips as well.
Quilters Are Crazy 2012-03-02 071

No comments: