Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Non-sewing night - Not by choice!

Last night I got busy on the wedding quilt. I got it layed out, the sashing cut, and boom the thunder and lightning of the storm came. I don't use my sewing machines when there is thunder and lightning because of the chance they could get fried by the lightning. I unplugged them and decided to make the most of my non-sewing time. I cut out a new Margo bag that I've been wanting to make for quite a while. I got all the batting and interfacing cut as well and am ready to sew it together, when we don't have a storm night. The last three nights we've had storms. The weather says tonight and tomorrow we shouldn't have storms, so maybe I'll get to sew. My energy in the evenings is returning and I'm going to make some progress! I have 4 quilt tops ready to be quilted.
My graduate class finished yesterday and I got my final grade today. I got an A in the class and a 100% on my final paper. I'm so glad to have this first class under my belt and now I can take my next class, Managing Human Resources this summer. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm going to take off Winter and possibly Fall, so I'm going to be slowly doing this graduate program, but I'll be able to do it at my own pace and not rush it.
This weekend while we were at my parents, we stopped by my cousins ranch. I love seeing the animals that are there. It's always fun seeing the new colts.  Paul and my dad shot prairie dogs and we all went fishing both Sat. and Sun. We'll head back in a few weeks again to do more fishing. Hopefully the river will be lower then so we can go catfishing. It was a fun, relaxing weekend.

The longhorns
IMG_0330
My cousin's horse Oreo
IMG_0336
One of the new colts and the mama
IMG_0324

1 comment:

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Congrats on the "A". I started back to school a couple weeks ago. I'm a little behind you (okay alot) but eventually I will get there.. Smiles

Heather