Sunday, June 13, 2010

BHQG Quilt Show

Yesterday after work I headed down to the Black Hills Quilt Guild's Annual Quilt Show. I had a couple hours to see the show and visit the vendors, so I wasn't too worried. I looked through the quilts and while there several that I liked, there weren't any that just said "must be made ASAP". There were two Crown Royal quilts I took pictures of for inspiration, but Paul didn't like either, so I won't be using either pattern. I don't care for them either, but it's nice to see what others have done.
IMG_0234
I have two more of these at least to make and I'm in need of a new pattern and some inspiration to get started. So far nothing has called out to me, so we'll see what happens when I get around to them.
IMG_0248
This one is the Crazy Eight Strip Tease pattern done in Christmas fabrics. I love this table topper and want to make another, so this just might be the inspiration. It seemed to be the hot selling pattern at one of the booths too.
IMG_0240
This one is done in brown and teal batiks and I just loved how it looks. I have a quilt top done in this same fabric and I would love to get it out and get it finished because I love the colors. I know it needs to have borders done and I think that's what has stopped me. Maybe after the baby quilts are done I'll get it out and finish it for our bed.
IMG_0254
I spent quite a bit of time at the vendor booths, but nothing really struck me as a "have to have"
new product. I guess working in the quilting industry for the past two years I have seen all the new things. I did buy a couple fat quarters of "Wanna Be a Cowboy" fabric that I didn't have. I'm planning to use them for a couple new purse/bags.
I did pick up this new license plate cover from Dakota Cabin Quilts. It's one of my favorite shops and they always have great stuff at the quilt show.

IMG_0269
I had this ruler special ordered at work and it just came in. It's a 4.5" 60* ruler and I plan to use it with the hexagon quilt along I'm going to do as well as the One Block Wonder.
IMG_0265
I also had the new Lazy Girl pattern Margo ordered and I need to get the sample done soon as it's a class I'll be teaching in August. I can't wait to get it done. I've been waiting for it to make myself a new purse. I'm so glad I had both of these items special ordered as I didn't see either at the quilt show.
IMG_0273
Enjoy the other pictures I took at the quilt show.


BHQG Quilt Show

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a great day! I'm interested in how that ruler works for you! Let me know what you think after you've tried it out! You can be the guinea pig! Ha!