Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crown Royal Quilt Layout

The first Crown Royal Quilt is coming together. I made another 21 blocks tonight and then layed it out on the design wall. I think I'll do at least one more row to the right, but possibly 3 more rows depending on who claims it first and what size the recipient wants it.

IMG_0150
I started these about 3 years ago, just collecting the bags. Two years ago friends of my dad and brother gave me a hundred or so. Last year they gave me another 50 or so. I plan to make 4 quilts, but I'm not sure of the size they want them. I'm thinking three throws and a queen size.
IMG_0151
I saw a pattern, but completely reworked all the pieces to fit the size of my squares.

100 Blocks 100 Days ~ 176 Blocks/ Day 31

1 comment:

Melody said...

love it! I have been collecting Royal bags for a couple of years now too. I like the yellow against the purple.