Monday night was the second of a two night machine quilting class. Since I wanted to show how to lay out a large size quilt and pin baste it, I worked really hard on Sunday night to get this quilt top together. I did tell them to use safety pins Jenn! I got it all pieced, but wasn't sure about borders, so I took it to the store and I think I'm going to do a pink inner and then the floral that is about top center as the outer border. The backing is pink and I think the binding will be as well. This is a little darker picture:
Then I took one with florescent lighting off and so the bottom is brighter. I think the true color is more like the bottom. I also showed them how to mark a quilt, hence the white chalk marks. I'll steam them out before I quilt it.
This was one of my UFO goals for July and I'd really like to get it done and be able to give it to a friend of mine. I'm sure she will love it and has no idea I'm making it for her, so it will be a huge surprise. I got my first machine quilting job tonight, so that will come first.