Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Beginning Machine Quilting & Chez Moi Happy Hour

Monday night was the second of a two night machine quilting class. Since I wanted to show how to lay out a large size quilt and pin baste it, I worked really hard on Sunday night to get this quilt top together. I did tell them to use safety pins Jenn! I got it all pieced, but wasn't sure about borders, so I took it to the store and I think I'm going to do a pink inner and then the floral that is about top center as the outer border. The backing is pink and I think the binding will be as well. This is a little darker picture:
IMG_0054
Then I took one with florescent lighting off and so the bottom is brighter. I think the true color is more like the bottom. I also showed them how to mark a quilt, hence the white chalk marks. I'll steam them out before I quilt it.
IMG_0055
This was one of my UFO goals for July and I'd really like to get it done and be able to give it to a friend of mine. I'm sure she will love it and has no idea I'm making it for her, so it will be a huge surprise. I got my first machine quilting job tonight, so that will come first.

8 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Very pretty! So bright and happy!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the machine quilting job! Hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

I like the fabric and colours in the quilt. very pretty.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Very pretty! THings will be changing around my house.. Once the room mate is gone Keith said I can do what ever I want with the house.. evil grin he won't know what hit it.

Jen said...

I like the chez moi, Jen V does too. Giggle...she's attempting to make a bag out of it.

I'm stoked that you got a quilting job!!

Jen said...

I like the chez moi, Jen V does too. Giggle...she's attempting to make a bag out of it.

I'm stoked that you got a quilting job!!

Jenn Boerger said...

So glad they will all survive their machine quilting without bleeding hands! I still laugh at how brilliant I was to pin baste my first quilt with STRAIGHT PINS!! In all seriousness, though, you've taught me so much about quilting and I'm glad to have such a wonderful teacher and friend! Hope to see you soon.

Jen said...

I love the quilt and of course I love the fabric line - I can't wait to see it all completed!!! Great job on the long arm quilting - it rocks.