Friday, May 16, 2008

Sewing Update

I was feeling really down about how much I had sewn in the last week. I mean I was feeling deprived! Last Tues. night I sewed for 3 hours and none since! We were at my parents this past weekend helping my brother and sister-in-law move to their new home, so I have an excuse there. Mom and I went shopping Monday night, we went grocery shopping Tues. night, and Wed. we had a church gathering. I did spend an hour or so putting the quilt labels on the back of some quilts, but they still need to be stitched down.
Last night was Sew & Sews club, so mom and I planned to go together. We were waiting for club to start by spending time at the mall. We just happened to run into the flowergirl and her mom in one of the stores and mom had brought her dress to show at show & tell for club, so we had her try it on and measure for length. It fits perfectly and we just have to put a little rolled hem in and it'll be done. Mom wanted to do all the rolled hems at the same time, so the bridesmaids and flowergirls dress will be done together and sew the hook & eyes on and they are done! She also made a white jacket to go over my dress in the event it is cold or raining and it looks so cute. She got a ton done on her day off yesterday.
I really wanted to go to my parents this weekend for my sister-in-law's baby shower on Sat. night, but since we are spending the next 3 weekends at my parent's for branding, my dad's birthday, and the wedding, we decided it would be best to stay home and do some things for the wedding at the house. We still have to print pictures for the bulletin board and finish some of the gifts. With only 3 weeks to go, I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

No comments: