Monday, October 08, 2007

Black White Quilt


Tonight I had the energy to put the second to last border on my black/white quilt. It is the same as the center pieces. The last border is a b/w with squiggles. It has to have mitered corners to look right and so mom is going to help me put those on Friday night at sit and sew. The b/w is accented with a bright pink and I absolutely love it! Even Paul likes it. I am making it queen sized because we want to get a queen bed when we get married and I want it to fit so we'll use it and not just let it hang on the rack. I've been working on this since March when Kay Capps Cross did a workshop on B/W quilts and how color adds texture. This pattern is called Autumnal Texture. The bottom picture shows the brightness of the pink better!

5 comments:

Gina said...

I love that quilt. My friend wants me to make a black, white and red quilt for her and your's has given me the inspiration I need.

love and hugs xxx

jillquilts said...

That quilt is very pretty! the pink really pops!

cps said...

That is a very neat pattern. I like the way the the white makes a zig zag and that the pink gives it a nice pop :0) Congrats on the engagemant too :0) I have been soooo busy these last couple of months, I have mostly been lurking :0( Oh well, such is life, sometimes :0)

Jen said...

Your quilt looks absolutley awesome!!!! What is it about mitered corners that we all have problems with them. Grrrr...I hate to miter!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

That quilt is fantastic. I love the way the pink pops out at you.