Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 4 1/25/12

This week was a busy one! I spent a lot of time on homework and not a lot of time on sewing, but still found some time to get to the studio on the weekend. We celebrated Mikaela's 1st Birthday on Sat. night with family and friends. We tried for a nice family picture, but it just wasn't meant to be. This was just before she stuck her foot in the cake and almost lit her foot on file with the candle.
Mikaela Birthday 2012-01-21 103
Friday night after everyone went to bed, I loaded this quilt on the frame for my friend Cindy. She is making it for an auction in less than 2 weeks time, so I offered to quilt it for her. It quilted up so nicely! I just love to quilt when they turn out so pretty.
Quilt 2012-01-22 009
The blocks were quick and easy for her and she's going to put chenille around the borders.
Quilt 2012-01-22 016
I did a loop de loop all over on it.
Quilt 2012-01-22 023
She even pieced the backing.
Quilt 2012-01-22 030
Last night I had all a bit of time to do my own sewing, so I set out to put together this bag. I turned out really cute and I think it will be just the perfect size. I used the winding ways fabric and I was motivated enough to pull out my batik stash that I want to use for a Winding Ways quilt.
Winding Ways Schlep
Monday I put a growth chart on the frame and quilted it and got the binding on last night, but my computer was being funny, so I hope it works tonight to upload pictures on it. So all in all a productive week!

Finished this week:
Cindy's Quilt
Mikaela's Growth Chart - Pictures next week
Winding Ways Shlep Bag
Charmed Dilly Dally Baby Quilt- Pictures next week
Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Winding Ways Schlep Bag -DONE!
Jim Shore Quilt - Quilted and binding machine sewn on -  1 1/2 sides done - about a foot more done.
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts - 1 top made, 2 more in progress - laid out
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks- laid out and ready for sewing - enough for 3 blocks
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Charmed Dilly Dally Baby Quilt
No progress:
Pokey Little Puppy Book
Prayers Book
3 Mug Rugs
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - 2/3 of the way done, on the last set of blocks
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks

This week's stats:
Completed projects -8
New projects -1
Currently in progress -13
Finished this year - 5 , 4 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
wipwednesdaybutton

No comments: