Friday, January 06, 2012

Sewing in the New Year!

I seriously have been sewing in the New Year. I had a lot to get done and really pushed myself to get it all accomplished by tonight. Luckily I've almost made my deadline. I had two samples that had to be done for Groovy Girls tonight.
Texas Two step is a pattern by Atkinson Designs. It went together relatively easy and sewed up pretty fast, though when you're timing yourself it really puts into perspective how long I spend sewing. Sometimes I just do NOT want to know how long a top takes.
Quilt 2012-01-04 012
I have had the fabric for this Happy Hour Snapshots quilt for a couple months, even cut out, but just not had the time to sew it up. I got it sewn last week and then Wed. night I quilted it up. I just love how it turned out and while I had no one in mind for it, it's big, so now it's Mikaela's birthday present, though it will be at the shop for a few weeks first. We're having Preview Party for classes Sat. so it needed to be done by then.
Quilt 2012-01-04 018
I used a pastel King Tut and pink Bottomline to quilt it, as the pink on the left is the backing. The fabric line is Farmyard Friends by Studio e. Has anyone heard of that fabric company? They must be fairly new, but I LOVE almost everything I see from them. Although with this fabric I wish the animals weren't so directional. Quilt fabric needs to be more versatile. I like it when the print isn't so directional.
Quilt 2012-01-04 020
A close up of the quilting.
Quilt 2012-01-04 021
I also made this yellow brick road by Atkinson Designs. I love the owl fabric and the fabrics do match better then in the picture. The green isn't nearly as stark as it looks.
Quilt 2012-01-04 026
We're having a baby shower tonight for a gal at Groovy Girls, so I made this Wrenly ribbon blanket for her little girl. I know mommy loves Wrenly, so I'm sure this will be well received.
Quilt 2012-01-04 030
The back is Wrenly too.
Quilt 2012-01-04 033

So I've had a good week and lots of sewing hours already. I'm hoping to get the binding put on the Happy Hour quilt as it's one I'm teaching this quarter. I'll be at the Preview Party Sat. morning. We'll be showing off all our samples and answering questions about our classes. I'm hoping lots of people will be interested in Happy Hour, Lazy Angle, Professional Tote, and Diaper Clutch classes.

No comments: