Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shop Hop

Thursday afternoon mom and I headed out on the second half of our shop hop adventure. We each visited the Rapid City quilt shops during the week on our own to save time.
At Thimble Cottage I picked up this 60* pattern. The designer Karen Montgomery also designed the 60* strip pattern that I've made several tablerunners from. I'm excited to try this pattern, but I didn't buy the 2.5" Strip On ruler. I'd really like to get the 4.5" one first and see if I like it. I had no luck finding this ruler on the shop hop though.
IMG_0010

At Fabric City I picked up fabric to make a new Grids & Grommets purse. The big flowers is the outside, the white with specks is the lining and the small flowers are the pockets.
IMG_0001 (3)

At Fabric Junction I didn't find any fabric or patterns that grabbed my attention, but this 6.5"x24.5" Creative Ruler was calling my name. I love the CG rulers and this is one ruler I use a lot.
IMG_0006 (2)

We had never been to the Tri-State Bakery, which is a quilt shop in Belle Fourche. I was surprised at the amount of Moda she had. There were several jelly rolls, charm packs, and fat quarter packs. She had lots of Blush which I hadn't seen in the area before. I ended up with yardage of L'Amour. I just love this fabric!
IMG_0008 (2)

Then it was on to Spearfish to Dakota Quilt Company to pick up the Riley Blake stripe from the Wanna Be a Cowboy line. I really wanted to do a bias binding, so I got extra to make binding with.
IMG_0011
I have a cousin's wedding to attend this summer and I've been looking for a dress to wear. I ended up with this print to make a skirt.
IMG_0015 (2)
I'm hoping to use this pattern. I'll probably add a pink top to go with it.
IMG_0016 (2)
Mom and I had a great time doing the shop hop and we definately went to some interesting shops that we had never been to before. I'm looking forward to going back to several of the shops.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It sure sounds like you and your Mom had a great time and some wonderful purchases were made.

Barb said...

Oh wow...you sure did get alot of fun goodies.....

Barb said...

I wish I was better at sewing cloths. I picked up a piece of black fabric cause I have to make Julianne a knee length skirt for a school concert. YIKES.

Jen said...

Hmmm, I should get right on mailing you some masterpiece thread to use for that skirt!!