Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Live Meeting & Sewing

Tonight was the first live meeting of my first graduate class. It was interesting and the hour and a half class went by really quickly. There are three live sessions in the 11 week class, so not too often. I love the comfort of laying in bed and listening to the class online. No hard desk for me! I have 5 research papers to do during the term too. I've gotta get back in the groove with my APA usage. I have the APA nazi as an instructor or so he says. I'm excited to be working on my Masters in Management degree, but I know it's going to take away some of my sewing time.
After class I finished up the tablerunner I was working on Friday. I got it all put together into a top, so I can quilt it after I pick up some thread. I'm not quite sure I like it as it's really long. It's very different than most of the runners I have made. It's made with the Essence line of fabric from Moda.
IMG_0002
Then I started on a fun quilt I've been looking forward to making for the past month or so. It's a large log cabin, so I put the first 4 rows on it. I love how it's turning out, but I need to make it bigger. I'm thinking I will have to get a couple other pieces to make it a little bigger before I put on the top and bottom borders.
IMG_0005
I layed out the next two "logs" but it's going to be turned into a twin, so i think if I buy two more fabrics I'll be able to make it big enough. The center is the top border.
IMG_0004

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I think I still have a copy of my trusty St. Martin's Handbook if you want it! Sorry - couldn't resist :). Hope all goes well with your class - gotta love online.

Jen said...

Hahah, I still have my APA book too, I'd be happy to pass it along! I'm so glad you're doing this, I'm really proud of you!