Thursday, May 06, 2021

Teacher Gifts

Each year I plan to make a quilt for the kids teacher's gift for Teacher Appreciation Week. This year I really struggled to find something that they would each like (because I don't know them well and nothing on their intro info gave me a clue). I did a bit of FB stalking to get a clue and asked the kids. 
For my daughter's main teacher I made a Random Shuffle quilt with minkee on the back. Glamping Gypsies is the fabric. She loves camping and biking. 
I used the same label and customized it. 
For my son's main teacher I did NE Huskers and a modified 5 yard quilt. I put Luxe Cuddle on the back. Do you know how hard it is to sew a label on it? Yuck!


My daughter's writing teacher loves to hunt deer and pheasants with her dad (who battled cancer and won), so I knew she loved those things. I made the top and another person wanted to buy it, so I ended up making this as a 2nd one, very similar with more phesants. 

The reading teacher was harder because I knew nothing. I did end up doing this one as I had it cut out and it was all hiking and birds-related, which is what my daughter told me she likes. 

Having been a teacher myself I know how much work goes into teaching. I am so appreciative of the work these teachers do and this is my way of showing it. 

 

No comments: