Thursday, May 06, 2021

April Quilting Review

April was a busy month in the sewing studio. I was busy finishing the quilts for the teachers, but in secret, so they wouldn't see them on my social media. I also finished this t-shirt quilt, based on Angela Walter's new pattern. I didn't add borders and did adjust the sizes. 
I also added a label so she could donate the quilt.
I started a charity block drive in my online quilting group and these were my sample blocks. I hope to get more cut out this week to donate to the cause as well. It's the Sewcialites Wisdom block.
I made 10 bags for Faith Formation teachers. We only had 6, but I used up the fabric and just made them to gift as necessary. I added a Bco gift card as well. These are loosely based on the Lazy Girl Becca bag. I just made them the size of the scrap fabrics I had for linings. 

I finished a top using this fabric I bought years ago. I hope to get these quilted for foster kids. We'll see how I do getting them done. The tops were quick and easy. 
I also started the "Frolic" mystery blocks. I got one done before other deadlines kept me doing other things. I love this quilt and will get it made, but for now it's back to the back burner. 
This is the other quilt top for foster kids gifting. I have 2 more panels and enough to make at least 2 more tops. 
I made the Wax and Wool Tote out of LoveScript canvas. It has a waxed canvas bottom. 
Yes, it's made with yellow for an SDSU bag. I may make another to donate to the Jacks Alumni banquet. 
I love this fabric. 
My April numbers are rather impressive, considering I was sick for a week. 

Stash report:

In this Month: 12.25 yards
Out this Month: 44 yards
In this Year: 71 yards
Out this Year: 115.23 yards
I'm ahead of the stash 44.25 yards!

I also sewed for 44 hours. 

 

No comments: